Jennifer Barrette Designs

Monday, February 19, 2007

A Run of Bad Luck

This weekend the pipes froze in our house, resulting in over 24 hrs with no running water. It was an inconvenience, to say the least, but we got through it. But this is just another bump in the road. The last few months, we have had so many problems like this. Individually, that is all they are, inconveniences. No one has been injured, we all are healthy and happy dispite these things, but still a girl starts to think she is cursed! Here is our running tally of the things that have malfunctions in the last 4 months: brakes in car, battery in car, hot water tank, washer, dishwasher, furnace, frozen pipes, and my sanity. LOL ok the last one may have been a pre-existing condition... I am starting to think that if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all! I need to find me a four leaf clover, a horseshoe, a rabbit's foot, a whole rabbit even! But instead I will just follow some great advice I picked up at HODS ...

"It could always be worse, and it surely has to get better!"

6 comments:

  1. Awwww! Here's to hoping for some GOOD luck in the upcoming months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear things have been so down. Hopefully your luck turns around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that stinks!
    We've all been there. And yes, the turn around is on the way.
    My dh is good at reminding me it could be worse. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. it happen to us too, in chicago...only it was on the city's end... no water for 4 days for us...they finally found the problem and thawed and replaced some pipes. Didn't know we are suppose to keep the water running so it won't freeze....anyway, I hope you have only good coming your way/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending my angels your way - hope they'll help get things going in a positive direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the pipes didn't create a mess or ruin anything! Our year didn't start off too well either...food poisoning, bronchitis, a never ending cold and one of my daughters got pink eye. Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete